|Milad Golkaram, Polymer scientist - Circular economy, TNO, on 'Circularity of multilayer films: novel recycling technologies vs design for recycling'
|Pouya Samani, Assistant Professor, Maastricht University, on 'Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and sustainability'
|If you are interested to give a presentation / paper at the Packaging Design 4 Sustainability Conference, please contact us via this page. Make sure to select the right conference on this page.|
The Hybrid Packaging Design 4 Sustainability Conference covers all aspects enabling a circular economy by applying design methods on material, product and value chain level.
This has strong implications on:
- Decrease material usage
- Improve sortability with current sorting technology
- Biodegradability, yes or no
Article / Product Design
- Design for dismantling
- Decrease material usage or number of components
- Use of digital techniques for design
Value Chain Design
- Changing perception of waste versus valuable material
- How to organize and incentivize the value chain so that sustainable activity is encouraged
- Innovation in ‘waste’ collection methods
- Innovation in ‘waste’ sorting methods
During the Design 4 Sustainability Conference the (inter)national speakers will present their view and experience in this application area. Besides the conference, partners will demo their solutions at the exhibit.
Who should attend:
- R&D and management of
- Producers of plastics
- Producers of chemical raw materials
- Design companies / agencies
- Actors in plastic waste management including waste collectors, suppliers of sorted plastic waste, plastic recyclers, users of recycled plastics
- Governmental bodies
- Regulatory institutions
This conference is part of the Sustainable Materials Series